MB trac 1000 - Frame around hydraulic levers gets HOT

Hi

When running the tractor in hot weather for longer durations I experience the the frame surrounding the hydraulic levers gets very hot. Not to hot to lay hands on, but hotter than my hand, I would guess 40-45°C That's not a bad temperature for a hydraulic system, but to have a metal surface inside the cab with this temperature doesn't make you cooler, especially when its already 25°C outside. I'm not experiencing that the problem is as big in our 900 turbo from 1990 where the frame is plastic and not heat conducting aluminum.

Is this normal and the solution is simply to live with it or replace with a plastic frame that doesn't transport heat? Just as Mercedes did? Or do my hydraulic system build more heat than normal? I would guess that the hydraulic tank is around 50-60°C, after 4hours of plowing with a 4 furrow plow.

Personally I think that the placing of the hydraulic valves is stupid, it should be mounted down in the frame where it would get better cooling and don't transport heat into the cab.

Isn't there anyone that has a clue on this?

Dear Johannes,

according to my experience the temperature you described seems to be normal, not upnormal.

The Location of the Hydraulik block isn't stupid, you have to remeber 2 Things:The trac was designed end of 70 ties beginning of 80 ties. first deliveries with this state of the art cabine was arround 1982, so the design is almost 30 years old. At that time, no other tractor could compete the comfort reached by MB-Trac and almost today the most competitors are behind this Level.

Second, the location of the hydraulic block and the hydraulic cells of BOSCH it self, guarantee most sensitive Control on the hydrualic System, without having additional mechanic drives in between, increasing the force for moving the Control sticks.

I would not Change anything, because engine is almost 90 Degrees °C and in front of your cabine, influencing the temperature inside much, much more.

Switch your fan on, almost enough and drink a Cold water :-), not beer!

BR

Jürgen

Okay. That's nice to hear in a way. Meaning that there isn't anything wrong with with the tractor.

The placement is stupid in the way that it transports extra heat inside the cab. I can clearly feel the heat radiation from it. The front wall and floor isn't warm compared the the hydraulics. But as you stated the placing is genius in terms of simplicity.

However I would argue that ball-joints are cheap and easy to replace. But for the non service-minded people Mercedes solution is great. But the leaver closest to the seat (not for the tree point) is loose inside the valve, so even this design fails over time and heavy use. That said, it's unclear how many hours this tractor has, maybe 13000, possible 15000.

Kind Regards
Johannes

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste